- The e-Newsletter is here
- Reaching the deadline
- National helpdesks - your first point of contact
- Smaller companies gain confidence in managing REACH dossiers
- Biocide stakeholders
- Moving forward with exposure scenarios
- Better environmental assessment
- ECHA has examined all testing proposals from the first REACH deadline
- ECHA publishes its decisions on dossier evaluation
- REACH, CLP and biocides to be covered in two Stakeholders' Day conferences in 2013
- Directors of national authorities support ECHA's strategy
- Give us your feedback on how to improve ECHA's information on chemicals
- Guidance updates
- Evaluation statistics
- ECHA and its stakeholders at the same table: Strategic objectives in the spotlight
- Guest column: "REACH resembles an iron man contest"
- Nina Cromnier leads ECHA's Management Board
- Helping consumers to request information about substances of very high concern in articles
- REACH from two NGOs' points of view
Send your feedback to:echanewsletter (at) echa.europa.eu
Article related to: News from ECHA
ECHA has examined all testing proposals from the first REACH deadline
ECHA successfully met the legal deadline of 1 December 2012 for examining testing proposals from the registration dossiers submitted for the first REACH deadline. The Agency has now issued either draft or final decisions to companies concerning their testing proposal. This is an important step forward in the implementation of REACH – making sure that more information about chemicals is available in the future while avoiding unnecessary testing on animals.
The REACH Regulation requires registrants to submit proposals for testing to ECHA when they identify a data gap for certain information requirements. ECHA has the obligation to examine all the proposals within timeframes set out in the legislation. For everytesting proposal submitted by the first registration deadline of 30 November 2010, ECHA had to prepare a draft decision by 1 December 2012.
Sign in to comment and/or rate this article.
Committee for Risk Assessment:
Committee for Socio-Economic
Biocidal Products Committee:
Member State Committee:
4-8 February (tentative)
Management Board meeting: