- Building for the future
- How does ECHA check dossier quality?
- Are you using chemicals for innovation?
- Best practice from Hungary: Learning chemical safety through play
- How to get EU-wide authorisation for a biocidal product
- Biocidal Products Committee Working Groups start their journey
- ECHA's role under the PIC Regulation
- Generating safe use information for mixtures – status and next steps
- Applications for authorisation on the increase
- From an info card to detailed source data - ECHA's plans for chemicals communication
- Challenges faced by SMEs
- Register now for ECHA's Stakeholders' Day
- ECHA Science: Understanding the importance of assessment factors in finding safe human exposure levels
- New MSC Chairperson appointed
- ECHA cooperates with other EU agencies to save costs
- Career of a skillful negotiator
- Guest column: REACH 2018 - time is not on your side
- Guest column: EU regulations and medium-sized companies – a perspective from DR. SCHNELL Chemie
Send your feedback to:echanewsletter (at) echa.europa.eu
Article related to: news from echa
Challenges faced by SMEs
During 2013, the focus of chemicals safety actors shifted to the concerns and needs of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). This shift of attention was partly triggered by the upcoming third REACH registration deadline in 2018. But, it also reflects the common realisation that the success of REACH and other pieces of EU chemicals safety legislation in the coming years depends on the compliance of smaller actors and duty holders.
Director of Cooperation
ECHA's SME Ambassador
- REACH SME workshop
- ECHA Work Programme 2014
- REACH Review
- State of knowledge of entrepreneurs in the area of occupational safety and health in small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) (in German)
- Rapport Impact REACH op MKB
- Cut EU red tape: Report from the Business Taskforce
The Directors' Contact Group - supporting registrants
DCG Terms of Work (1 January 2014 – 31 December 2018)
Support for SMEs now available in 23 EU languages
ECHA has updated the support web pages for small and medium-sized enterprises to make them more user-friendly and published in 23 languages.
The pages include, for example, step-by-step instructions for determining the correct company size and more detailed information on potential consequences of false company size declarations.
Visit the SME support section.
Sign in to comment and/or rate this article.
Biocidal Products Committee:
26 February-1 March
Committee for Risk Assessment:
6-8 March and
Committee for Socio-Economic
Management Board meeting:
23-27 March (tentative)
Member State Committee:
20-24 April (tentative)